Objectives and Key Results
These are the tools that help a company to align its SEO initiatives to the company’s goals. The best Digital Marketing Company in Sydney will help you with the OKR purpose of your company.
OKR has been instrumental in the success of various online campaigns. They ensure your company’s SEO is working in the right direction. Here are some specific things which ensure the SEO pushes a company’s SEO on the right track:
- Clarity of focus: By defining the objectives and key results, every person in the team understands their priorities and how their actions are going to contribute to their goals.
- Alignment with bigger goals: Key Results in an SEO ensure that their efforts align with the company’s bigger goals and objectives.
- Accountability: With clarity in goals and objectives, it is easy to assign responsibilities to people depending on their sense of ownership and accountability.
- Trackable Progress: This helps to track people in the team and their progress levels. This allows them to identify the areas where the people can improve, leading to efficient and responsive feedback.
How OKRS Work in the context of an SEO
OKR connects SEO with the company’s marketing or business quarterly and annual or long-term goals.
The heads of the company will set goals according to which the OKRs are built, and the deadlines are also assigned to KR. People who are accountable to the OKRs are the ones who identify the scope, result, and timeline.
Here are the ways to plan for an OKR to ensure that the SEO is aligning with the company’s objectives:
- Object Setting in SEO: SEO objectives have been to increase the visibility or keyword ranking for a particular keyword. However, the aim can be any goal that aligns with other broader objectives and expectations. These objectives can be for SEO, content, or link-building in nature.
- Identifying key results in SEO: Key results can be time-bound link-building results. These results can be a particular deliverable, like a bunch of links, and impact-based results, like organic visibility.
- Role of OKR in SEO Strategy: people always follow a strategy to get the desired results.
- Analysis and Optimisation: They help you identify if you have got your desired results and the reasons whether you succeed or fail.
Types of SEO and Link-building OKR
- Strategic OKR
- Growth-based OKR
- Innovational OKR
- Operational OKR
Steps to create effective link-building OKRs
- Setup: This phase lays the groundwork for your SEO. These include business goals, ecosystem analysis, SEO objectives, Ideas, design-thinking approach, etc.
- Establish OKR: One can establish OKR in two ways, by defining SEO Objectives and by identifying strategies and critical results.
- Take action: Assign responsibilities, set definitive timelines, and document each OKR where the team members have easy access.
- Analyse and Optimise: Survey your team’s progress and result. Get feedback from the leadership. Determine the root cause of success and failures.
Hence, these are the ways in which you can establish a successful OKR for an SEO.
For services in digital marketing, you can always contact us.